St John Of Gods...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyndan

Hey All,

A family friend has a son who has tried to commit suicide 3 times in the last 10 days. Each time he is released from the hospital after one night and the doctors will not discuss anything with my friend as he is over 16 years of age.

My friend would like for him to be admitted to full time pyschiatric
care until he sorts his head out however the doctors will not sign off on this and say that all he needs is some out patient day care in St John of Gods - he has already missed his first appointment becuase he wouldnt get out of bed and the second one he walked out of becuase he didnt want to discuss his problems with a group of people.

Is there anyway you can force someone into the full time care, its obvous becuase of the attempts on his life he is not going to stop until he suceeds and day time care is just not enough,

Any help appreciated

Awful situation. As far as I know it is increasingly difficult to get people into treatment involuntarily. Check out [broken link removed] to see where you stand legally. You really do need the support of the medical profession to get anything done though so if they are unwilling to section him, not sure there is much you can do. Good luck anyway

Go and see your GP. They should be able to help. You need a Doctor on hand(doesn't have to be a Psychiatrist) and a signiture from two doctors on the cert, and one family member. You may need the police as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back