St Johann in Tirol - can't find any maps

zag

I am trying to pick a hotel in St Johann in Tirol, but for some reason all the maps supplied by the hotels are pretty poor, and none of them have the locations of the lifts.

Even the St Johann in Tirol tourist office don't include any town maps on their website for some reason. The lift company don't include any usefull map either. There is one on their site with a location, but it is not clear whether this is their office or the main lift. I guess it is the main lift, but some descriptions of the resort indicate that the lifts are spread around the town so it mightn't necessarily be the main lift.

If anyone out there knows of any online maps of the town it would be great if they could pass on the details, or if anyone has any recommendations for hotels within childrens walking distance of ski-schools/lifts it would be great too.

As with previous years, it is looking like booking direct with the hotel is going to be cheaper by far than going through an agency. One of the agencies told me that the child price was going to be 90%, while the hotel itself quoted the 5 year old at NIL and the 7 year old at 50%. Ryanair flights to Salzburg for €59 oneway help too. Return is more expensive, but still good value.

Cheers,

z

St.Johann is a great spot. Had several great ski trips there.

I would recommend Hotel Post. In the centre of the village, a bit of a walk to the slopes, but the hotel is first class, great food, and the proprietress - Crystal - is a lovely lady. Very friendly place.
[broken link removed]

If you want a SHORT walk to the slopes then the closest place is the SportHotel, but I think its quite pricey.

Search in for reviews.

There's an interactive map here: http://www.ferienregion.at/en/city-map-st-johann-tirol.html

Meccano - thanks for the reply. We have a quote from the Post and will probably go with that. The Sport Hotel sounded very good and actually wasn't that much more expensive, but when we rang to confirm the room wasn't available any more.

Thanks for the map link - I couldn't find that before. I spent much of last night trying to correlate the various maps of varying quality from the hotel websites and work out where everything was. This would have saved time if I had found it earlier.

Cheers,

z