St Jean de Monts

riddles

Hi,

I was thinking of flying to Nantes and was thinking of St Jean de Monts - I have heard its nice. I have a 3.5 year old and a 6 months old so I was thinking of looking into renting an apartment. Does anyone have any recommendations on the area.

Thanks,

R

Hi Riddles,
Its a really nice part of France. I au paired there years ago so I can't remenber specific names etc. Very child friendly. The beach itself has alot of highrise apartments but the surrounding area is beautiful. Plenty of local markets etc. Hiring a car would be a good idea.
Bon voyage!

I stayed in a small villa there 18 months ago that my friend owns, it's a beautiful part of the country. Fabulous wooded area at the back of the estate complete with bike tracks etc, spotted a few deer and rabits on our biking trips.

The beach is long and sandy and very family friendly and the markets are excellent. I would recommend it for a family holiday, loads of activities, my kids loved the zip wires in the forest (damn, I loved them myself). Very close to a number of attractions also (e.g. Puis De Foux(sp?).

Have a great time.

Hi,

I was thinking of flying to Nantes and was thinking of St Jean de Monts - I have heard its nice. I have a 3.5 year old and a 6 months old so I was thinking of looking into renting an apartment. Does anyone have any recommendations on the area.

Thanks,

R

I did the whole mobile home/camping thing a number years back in St. Jean. Its a lovely spot. The seafront part of the town (which is technically a different parish) is backed by some nice woods for the kids to run around in. As the other poster pointed out the market is good as well. There's also plenty to do around the area, St Gilles, Noirmoutier en Ille and a day trip to Nantes is possible and should not be missed.

HOLIDAYED ALL OVER fRANCE WHEN THE FAMILY WERE SMALL, YOUNGEST IS NINTEEN NOW BUT WE HAVE WONDERFUL MEMORIES OF ALL OUR FRENCH HOLIDAYS ESPECIALLY THE VENDEE. WE STAYED IN ST JEAN DE MONTS AND ST GILLES CROIX DE VIE AND BOTH LOVELY. LAST YEAR FOR THE FIRST TIME IN SIX YEARS WE WENT CAMPING OUTSIDE BARCELONA, ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT AND OUR TWO YOUNGEST, NINETEEN AND TWENTY ONE CAME ALONG.

I was there years ago when my children were small. We loved it then. Some beautiful beaches in the area.
Brings back nothing but good memories. Enjoy.

Flahers:

What wa s the name of the campsite near Barcelona - can you recall !

Thanks

The Vendee is really nice spent last four summers holidays there.

Campsite between Tarragona and Barcelona is called Camping Playa Bara. Would highly recommend for all ages. Like I already said we stayed there last September and had a brilliant holiday. Its a large site but very well laid out and organized. We flew into Reus and hired a car, its very close. Our first holiday there was twenty one years ago and now we have decided to go back again in June. Have a look at the Eurocamp website and also Canvas, both of them do it.

We are booking a mobile home with Cavas for two weeks in June. If you decide on this site act quickly as it tends to get booked up quite early.

Back