St Fintan's, Blackrock, Co. Dublin

Don't really know anything about the estate but if you are talking about the place I'm thinking of then its an old council estate in Deansgrange, not Blackrock.

Thanks Soutsideboy

There's a house there being advertised as Blackrock but I drove bye it the other night & you're right - it is close to Deansgrange

St Fintans Park and Drive, long established long buit coucil estate with many now in private hands. A good number of eldary residents. In my youth was tough place to be in but must have mellowed by now.

easy walk to 46a on Abbey road or 45 on Deansgrange Road.

Bakers Corner Pub is the local.

Lidi coming soon to pottery Road 1/2 mile away

CoI school in Deansgrange, Holly Park, and Monkstown national Schools.
Kill O the Grange parish must better than macintosh park not as good as St brigits park the other council estates in the area

1 mile from Blackrock and Corneslscourt

large garden with most houses but many have built on thses sites.

out of 10, hmmm a safe 6

Talking of Deansgrange - anyone know whats happening to the site the bank of ireland is on (beside libary)? I heard they were selling up and Aldi were looking to buy it....?

The Lidl is actually being built as we speak on Pottery Rd. Due to too many restrictions regarding access on this heavy traffic junction, the plan to build the Lidl there have been abandoned. So for the moment the site remains as it is.

Lidl opened today and I work just in office beside it and it has been a COMPLETE nightmare today with the traffic, how they got permission to build it on such a bad road without first upgrading it is beyond me.

I work on Pottery Road too and feel like crying with the amount of traffic! And to think I was looking forward to lidl opening for handiness!

Back on topic - great area, close to Blackrock and the N11, plenty of local amenities - I'd like to live here myself!

Back