SSIA cheque is out of date!

Olive

hi there, wondering if anyone can help me. My partner didn't lodge his SSIA cheque (from An Post) until last week (it was issued May 07) and its been returned to us saying its out of date....
I assume he will be reissued with a cheque from An Post - please tell me I'm right!
Really appreciate any advice/info
Thanks

Yes, if you return any cheque to the issuer they can cancel it and re-issue a new one. I'm sure An Post will do this without quibble.

An Post will be laughing all the way to the.....post office. that's nearly a years interest free "loan" they've got from your partner. And no, he won't have any trouble getting a replacement cheque off him

(But given the way my equity based SSIA has been performing since I let it run on after the SSIA's finished I would have been better off taking the cheque and sitting on it for a year as its now worth less than it was a year ago despite a years worth of contributions since then )

lol, I think you missed the point mimi - the fact it wasn't cashed sooner is exactly the issue here!! Doesn't mean you should lose out on yer cash tho!

My mistake! I thought mimi was just missing the point, not being preachy and unhelpful!