Spraywork on scratches

Gabriel

I scraped the side of my beloved car last week on a pillar in the work car park. Very annoyed with myself.

Got some touch up paint to make sure it doesn't rust but am just wondering if anyone knows roughly how much it might cost me to get it sprayed properly. Anyone recommend someone good and cheap in Dublin?

There's two scrapes...about 2-3 inches long, one of top of the other. Not too deep. About a couple of millimetres tall.

Hi Gabrial...snap! I did the exact same last week.Hopping mad as its only 5 months old:eek: I rang the following mobile spray guys:

Chips Away 087 2606979
Finish & Touchs 087 6888862
Trim tech 087 6863707

I spoke to all 3 and am waiting for them to call me back to arrange to call and see the car:rolleyes: . I'll ring again on monday. Trim tech said it would cost about €85/90 to fix.

Cheers Kiddo...that sounds great. Anything less than €100 would be perfect.

Nice to know I'm not the only gobshite who does stuff like this too ;)

Gabriel

Have you considered using something like T-Cut. It's an abrasive. It takes a very thin layer of paint from the surrounding area and covers the scratch. It works well on small scratches.

Zapa.

If you're in North Dublin, drop down to the yard in Baldoyle at the junction of the Moyne Road & the Drumnigh Road - well it's sort of Portmarnock too. Just down from the temporary traffic lights at Balgriffin.

The fella in the yard has to be good and cheap - there are always garda cars down there for scratch and dint repairs ;)

Thanks for those suggestions too. I'll have a look around and sus out the best option.

Minor repairs are big business in the UK currently. I know some of the franchises are also operating in Ireland, but I don't have any personal experience of them.

From what I read it's a very worthwhile investment as it increases residuals far in excess of the cost involved + you don't look like a twat who has a thing for pillars, walls, etc.

Chips away - recommended.

Windscreens chips are now repairable too. Liquid glass is used. Nice job.

Just got a bumper repair done on my car, after Mrs. F. had a minor disagreement with a wall.

Used Dave Lyons, "Doctor Vinyl", and found the service excellent and reasonably priced. He has the Irish master franchise for www.drvinyl.com and covers Dublin and surrounding counties. Contact details are 087 2332210 or drvinyl@eircom.net

I have no connection with him or the company - just impressed by the job.

Would anyone know of a similar service in the Galway area? Have some scratches on the side of the car, looks as if someone ran a shopping trolley up along the back door!

Any advice gratefully accepted.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also looking for something in Galway area.

Any recommendations?

Want to get a few scratches and dents repaired.

I have a few marks on the bonnet. Can I use touch-up paint myself for this? One big mark has already rusted.

Any tips on using the touch-up paint?

Back