Spraypainting

Joe Nonety

Any recommended spraypainters around for a garden fence?

I was looking at...
[broken link removed]
and

Would the argos one work OK for a fence (with this paint )or is it more for decks?
There's also some electric ones which seem very expensive for such little use I'll be getting out of it.

If you are living in an estate please dont use one. No matter how little breeze there is, the place will get covered in paint. Granted, its much quicker than painting the fence but unless you want to have to pay for your neighbours repainting of house and cleaning of windows then it will be easier to paint it in the long run. My neighbour used one while I was at work one day and I came home to the back of my house, windows, bins etc all covered in paint. I was glad I didn't have any washing out.

The fence panels are removeable so I was just going to do them on the lawn. The side and back are covered by 7 feet of fence/wall.

if your careful enough you can do it. I've used the argos job for this and no problems.
Just use your head, I masked the concrete pillars and took around a large piece of thick plastic board. Hold it close to the panels where you have to be careful and you wont get paint where you don't want it to go.
you'd have to be a bit thick to spray with a breeze going on...

Back