Sports clubs in lucan

lucylou

hi, Does anyone know of any clubs ie football, rugby, Gaa where i can get my four year old boy into, in the Lucan or surrounding areas? Im not fussy what kind of sport, just something active for him?
Thanks.

If you get the local newsletter there are a number of clubs that have notes there. After that I don't know!!

If it's soccer Esker Celtic have a nursery for young footballers, male and female on Saturdays with a view to bringing them on to playing organised league football when they are 6 and 7. Venue is Hermitage Park.

Lucan Sarsfields for Gaelic also have a nursery for young budding GAA stars. They are located on the Newcastle Road.

For rugby the nearest I can think is Barnhall RFC in Leixlip, beside Hewlett Packard.

Details of all of these clubs can be found in The Lucan Gazette and The Lucan Newsletter or better still by word of mouth from other parents.

My lads are in Lucan Sarsfields. Football nursery for everybody (including budding stars!) is on Saturdays at Lucan Sarsfields clubhouse (12th Lock) Newcastle Road (just past Adamstown, over the railway bridge and second turn to the right - Goodwins is the first turn) from 2 to 3. Hurling nursery is from 10 - 11 on Sundays in Willsbrook Park. Start him with football to see how he gets on. 4 might be a little too young - but every kid is different. Oh yeah there is no nursery on Bank holiday weekends. Good luck!

Back