Sponsoring a morocan friend to visit Ireland

casiopea

A good English friend of mine wants to visit Ireland with her Morocan partner. Apparently to do so he needs to be sponsored for a visa. Which requires a letter from an irish resident saying he is staying with them (the irish resident) and 3 months bank statements from that irish resident. This goes to the embassy in Morocco where his visa will be issued. I was wondering if anyone has come across this before? Im a bit worried sending 3 months AIB statements to Morocco.

Thanks
cas.

Is there no way to get a temporary Holiday visa??

Like if I visit the States I get 90 days......

Hi Wiggles,

Seems not.

I feel weird sending my AIB bank statements to Morocco (in fairness to an embassy) so I just want to verify that this is proper protocol. Ill try ringing their embassy in Dublin and see what I can find out.

Casiopea

I would have thought that the visa will be issued by the Irish embassy in Morocco (Irish staff?). Could you bring in the bank statements to the Department of Foreign Affairs and get them to send it in the diplomatic pouch to the embassy in Morocco (if such a thing exists)?

Would it make any difference if you sent certified copies of the bank statements with the last few digits of your account number hidden?

The first thing to do is to contact the Dept of foreign affairs and see if this is the case. Sounds a bit fishy to be honest - what address do you send the statements to ?

Just curious, why do they need to know your financial situation, proof of address I understand, even your own passport to back up the claim that you are an Irish Citizen, why is your financial situation relevant to you having a visitor?

To cover the ( may be necessary ) expulsion costs . The person invited should have a travel health insurrance as well. If some one signs up than ALL costs , incl. law cases like asylum etc., could be recovered .

To cover the ( may be necessary ) expulsion costs . The person invited should have a travel health insurrance as well. If some one signs up than ALL costs , incl. law cases like asylum etc., could be recovered .
Correct but surely this is releavant to the Irish authorities, not the Morocans

Thanks for your replies folks,
Im currently trying to get through to the Irish Embassy in Morocco to confirm their process before proceeding with bank statements or anything like that.
cas.

Back