Speeding ticket

stobear

I recently received a speeding ticket whilst driving my wifes car. I posted off the money with my license number to collect my two points, it arrived back in the post with the following comment - 'you are the nominated and can not nominate again'. What does this mean?

I presume it means that you were the person nominated as driving your wife's car on the date in question and you cannot now say that it was somebody else driving the car on this occasion. i.e. you have admitted the offence

I was driving the car, I complete the paperwork with my details on it, I am not trying to nominate somebody else?

Did the summons come in your name or that of your wife ? If it was in your wifes name she has to deny driving on that occasion and nominate you as the person driving. It has been known to happen that people have nominated their cousin in America as the driver to avoid the points....

Hi there
Had a speeding ticket in the UK (moving home to Ireland soon) and was sent a NIP (notice of intended prosecution) Under a law that not many people know about I did not have to fill it in as it was looking for a confession under threat of prosecution, so I gave them all the details they were looking for in the NIP but on an A4 piece of paper saying that as I have not received a caution they cannot use this information against me in a court of law. Oh yea the camera took the picture from behind so it would be impossible for them to prove it was me without a confession. Now if I broke into a house and assaulted someone the police would have have to read me my rights the main one being the right to remain silent but the poor old motorist is afforded no such niceties, it's confess (and make our job a hell of a lot easier) or else, which by the way is against our human rights under article 12.
Anyway I have no issue paying a fine but to be "prosecuted2 by the insurance companies for 4 years is not on, I daily see serious criminals get much less. Anyway I got a few threathening letters from the police which I ignored and the time has passed for them to take me to court.
Has anyone successfully (or not) tried this in Ireland ?

Never paid any speeding fines or parking fines driving 14 years....nobody has come anywhere near me.