Speeding ticket posted to me

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

Olly64

is this the new thing now? apparently i was speeding on the naas road, can i appeal this? do i have a choice, anyone else caught by this money making goldmine for the gov?

point taken, but why cant they catch people themselves, why do they need a machine, how do i know its not faulty, i cant remember what speed i was going or where exactly it was, i didnt even know there was a 60kmph zone on the naas road, is it not 100kmph? why is this not sign posted?

Olly, it's not so new, I received a brown envelope back in November 2002 with a letter to tell me I'd been caught speeding (mea culpa, 50mph in a 40mph 4-lane section of the N4 ...). The letter told me that I owed eur80 and was now the not-so-proud owner of 2 points.

I hadn't even seen the gatso van!

I paid up, shut up and learned my lesson.

Last edited:
i know i will just have to pay the €80, i just didnt know about it, i will be paying more attention of the signs in future

i know this sounds ironic but i was failed for not making enough progress

why am i allowed on the roads then?

you are not allowed on the road, you are simply ignoring and purely breaking the law....

Last edited:
why are ye ganging up on me, its the guards that are at fault, why are you going through my old comments, why dont we start a thread about the stupid guards

why dont we start a thread about the stupid guards
8 more posts and you can do so yourself in Letting Off Steam but you might want to review the posting guidelines before posting stuff like the above again.

Seems to me that your previous posts about failing tests and obviously ignoring the law on provisional licenses may well be pertinent to a case in which you were in breach of other rules of the road?

Olly64, you seem to think that the rules are there for no other reason than to annoy you ...perhaps there are there to stop you killing yourself or somebody else? believe me, guards aren't stupid. Just practical. We (tax payers) employ them to keep the roads safe from some who have no regard for the law of the road.

The Gatso guards take a clear photo of your car and the speed you were going. If you were doing over 60 in a 60 zone, I have no sympathy sorry. Drivers all the time ignore the 60 signs when they occur on good stretches of road. The M50 is a typical example. How many drivers do 60 in the parts its implemented and then complain when they get points?

Status
Not open for further replies.