speeding offence

postman pat

Frequent Poster
A guy I work with got a summons last week for a speeding offence that he didnt know about till it arrived,he got no notice of fine and points etc previous to this,his court date is in 2 weeks time and he still has the option to pay the fine (doubled to 160 euros) and accept 3 points,or should he go to court and fight it?.I said id ask on here as it is quite interesting.

Pat

john luc

Frequent Poster
He can always go to court and make his case. You should know though that he will not be alone making this sort of case so if he has any evidence to present it would help

SparkRite

Frequent Poster
He can always go to court and make his case. You should know though that he will not be alone making this sort of case so if he has any evidence to present it would help
I would think it difficult to present evidence of a fixed penalty notice you allege was never received.
So many people now claim this that it really depends on whether the judge believes it or not to be true.

noproblem

Frequent Poster
Strange how he got the court notice and never got the others, stranger still how everyone and his mother has found this big flaw in our postal service. Love your "postman pat" title. Just saying like?

odyssey06

Frequent Poster
Do An Post claim 100% delivery rates for letters? No.
Are postal workers infallible? No.

You could be in the genuine 1% or 0.5% whatever, or you could be one of the 10% trying it on. Impossible to prove or know.
It is not a fair system.

I can't be the only one with experience of not receiving expected letters, or receiving letters for different addresses.

This is more likely to occur in apartment blocks, or where the street name is shared by multiple roads in same area e.g. Willow terrace, park, avenue.