Specs for new PC

Pee

Hi I'm about to go shopping for a new PC and was wondering what would be decent enough specs?
I will be using the PC for:
Internet
email
Photo editing and storage - hope to get more into this in the future hence the new PC.
MS Office

Games are seldom if ever played on the PC

What Processor, RAM and Hard Drive would I need or more importantly should I get?

Hi Pee

Dell do great offers on home pcs. Check out their site for deals.
If your only going to be doing the basics then you will not have to go for a top of the range. Its only when you start using software products such as image alterations, graphics packages or autocad etc that you will need a high spec machine.

I would advise you though to stay away from the Celeron Processor range. Go for Pentium. You could pick up a pc, flatscreen and printer for around €800 or even less.

If you get a spec and want me to look over it please pm me and I may be able to help.

KS

Thanks kseire, I might take you up on that offer. I had already browsed through Dell but wasn't sure what specs I needed.

have you thought about buying and Apple .
the applications for email,web and especially photo's ,movies are excllent and easy to use.prices aren't bad either and if you have an ipod or are considering one then the mac is streets ahead.