Specific Hotel queries: Rome, Florence & Bologna

micheller

Hi All,

Flights booked to Italy end August; spending 4 nights in Rome, 4 in Florence and 2 in Bologna. I've researched the threads here, all the reviews on Venere and am thinking these hotels look the best. Has anyone stayed in these specific hotels and do you have any comments?

Rome: Hotel Valadier or La Lumiere di Piazza di spagna
Florence: Mona Lisa or Hotel Perso or Best Western Rivoli
Bologna: Best Western San Donato

Thanks in advance,m.

REgadingf Rome stayed in the Dei Mellini in January and can highly recommend it. Rated quite highly on tripadvisor too. Very central and we could walk everywhere....

I agree, I always use tripadvisor when going to a city for first time, particularly if you have a good lead period. Ive booked again with them for rome in 5 weeks time, so will see how this goes! Last time in rome, did it through hotels.com
One extra piece of advice. When you find a hotel either tripadvisor.com or otherwise, then try and find the hotels own web site too avoid commission charges and book direct. I usually do this.

I agree but sometimes you can find that sites like http://www.venere.com (www.venere.com) or laterooms.com have negociated bulk rate rooms and are significantly cheaper than going direct. I booked a hotel in Venice for €120.00 per night and when I contacted the hotel directly it was €160.00 for the same room..same thing in Rome..hotel on venere was €180.00 - €250.00 direct with hotel!

Thanks all, I'll have a look tonight at tripadvisor.

Gauloise- I'd noticed that, especially Hotel Valadier is much more reasonable when booked through Venere.

Micheller.

Depends entirely on your budget but we stayed in Caesar House (near the Colusseum) last year and found it very good and staff very friendly. Again we went there after checking tripadvisor.
Note that the * rating for Rome hotels means proximity to city centre as much as quality...

Thanks everyone, tripadvisor really is a LONG site to go through!
Spent about two hours the other night reading reviews.
Our budget would be around the 150 per night mark. Any other recommendations appreciated!

Michelle.

Back