Spare cash

A

aer

I have 200,000. What should I do with it? I would like to access it at a month or two's notice. There again, maybe its better to leave it in a long term investment and borrow on it, if something comes up. Does anyone have any ideas on this and does anyone know other ideas to invest in. I dont mind investing abroad. I have an open mind. Thanks in anticipation. Aer.
P.S. I also have a property worth 500,000 with nothing owed.

If you anticipate that you may require immediate access to it at short notice, you should put it in a combination of the best deposit accounts you can find. See the Best Buys thread here.

If you know you won't need access to all of it in the next 5 - 10 years, you could consider investing some in longer-term investments for growth. Have a look at the Investment Basics section here.

P.S. - You should probably .

I have 200,000. What should I do with it? I would like to access it at a month or two's notice. There again, maybe its better to leave it in a long term investment and borrow on it, if something comes up. Does anyone have any ideas on this and does anyone know other ideas to invest in. I dont mind investing abroad. I have an open mind. Thanks in anticipation. Aer.
You are in a very fortunate position that many will envy.

You now have the chance to learn how to look after your own finances, and you do not have to risk a large amount of your savings.

One of the biggest problems facing those that want to make money is that they have no money starting out, so the odds are against them from day one.

One of the best ways to make money, when you have spare cash, is to daytrade the stock market, as when you are daytrading you are in complete control, so you can control your risk and set in stone how much you will lose on each trade, with a 99.99% guarantee. Once you control how much you lose, you will then learn how to improve on this, and once you start to improve on this you will find that you will eventually make more money than you lose each week, and once you get to this level, you can make money each and every week, no matter what way the markets go, up or down!

Oh, you must be prepared to do a lot of hard work, this is the one that usually put a lot of people off, as most people want money the easy way and dont want to do anything associated with making rational decisions and controlling ones' emotions.

See point 2 of posting guidelines

Back