Spanish leisure complex accommodation won on scratch card

samphire

My brother won a week's accommodation in an apartment/leisure complex outside Malaga. He has to pay for his own flights. Is it likely that this is some sort of scam to get people out to Spain and then try to pressurise them into buying timeshares. The place also seems to be quite isolated.

I suggested this to him but he thinks I'm paranoid. Anybody out there heard anything about this sort of thing?

Many thanks.

Doesn't sound like much of a prize, given that he has to pay for his own transport to the place. I'd be as "paranoid" as you about it

Check what the scratch card itself says - where did he get it? Was it something that was posted through his door or from a magazine? In general those are merely advertising ploys of one form or another.

There probably is accommodation but if I were him I'd rather find out a bit more about the whole deal first!

Thanks, guys.

I'm not sure, so-crates. He told me it was a "charity" scratch card but got a bit defensive when I started to query him about it. Think he thought I was being cynical. It's in a place called Mijas, by the way.

Well known scam to get people out for time share weekend.

Every scratch card is a winner !

Thanks, guys. Much as I suspected. He probably won't believe me know when I tell him. It all smelt a bit to me.