Space Station toilet fails...

AlastairSC

The more up-to-date among you will have read that the loo in the International Space Station has recently developed a fault, with no spare parts aboard.

The plumber's call-out fee is expected to be astronomical

The more up-to-date among you will have read that the loo in the International Space Station has recently developed a fault, with no spare parts aboard.

The plumber's call-out fee is expected to be astronomical

This could redefine the definition of a "floater".

.. the astronauts were looking for the root cause of the breakdown but apparently had nothing to go on.

Can't they just go outside and do it behind a satelite?

On a more serious note though... what are they doing with their urine? On second thoughts, let's not go there.

They'd want to watch out for "black holes"

They may put a sign on the door: "No ASA"

Groan, I know, I know......

Can't they just go outside and do it behind a satelite?

On a more serious note though... what are they doing with their urine? On second thoughts, let's not go there.

This morning Leo Enright (RTE Morning Ireland) explained in great detail how they are overcoming the problem. Freezer bags are the high tech solution.

A shuttle left this morning with a replacement part for the toilet but they're not confident that it'll work so the shuttle will also be bringing up extra freezer bags! Oh, the glamour of being a space man!

Heh, what if its the wrong part or won't fit ?

Ah Jaysus lads that's a right bleedin' cockup yiz have there. Who put in dat system for yiz? I'll have to go back to de depot for the right part. Be round first thing Monday mornin' ....

dat'll be €450,000 please but I'll take an even 4 if yez wants to pay cash... top job I'd say meself - ya'll have no fudder trouble wit dat I can tell yaz!