Space Shuttle visible tonight ?

Re: Strange sights in the night sky

managed to catch it. How cool was that!? Take a look at [broken link removed] for the next few days

Not a whole heap visible tonight - its very overcast.

The shuttle and its tank did pass about 1123 tonight. Glad I got to see it!

The shuttle and its tank did pass about 1123 tonight. Glad I got to see it!

+1

I've seen the shuttle before, and the ISS, and the ISS with the shuttle docked, but last night was the first time I have seen the shuttle so soon after take-off with the booster trailing it.

Marvellous clear skies in West Kerry last night!

I moved very fast and had passed over from West to East in a matter of minutes.

Are there any images available of this particular craft in the night sky as I was too slow with the cameras!

Thanks
aj

I hear it can still be seen tonight anyone know about what time? I missed it last night and i'm kicking myself....i'd love to see it

I hear it can still be seen tonight anyone know about what time? I missed it last night and i'm kicking myself....i'd love to see it

More information [broken link removed]. Astronomy Ireland also provide a text notification for such events, but they're €1.00 per text received.

If thats the clearest footage of it then I wouldn't like to see the worst;)

I have read many posts on various forums entitled "Shuttle visible tonight" - but it wasn't really. A little speck of light may have been visible - but thats hardly exciting, is it? Or am I missing something?

If thats the clearest footage of it then I wouldn't like to see the worst;)

I have read many posts on various forums entitled "Shuttle visible tonight" - but it wasn't really. A little speck of light may have been visible - but thats hardly exciting, is it? Or am I missing something?

I saw the shuttle Endeavour the other night and it was fab. Really clear. 2 huge lights passing by in minutes. Wonderful to see it.

Definitely not a speck of light. It is really obvious to the eye.

TV and youtube footage does not do the spectacle justice.

Its like watching fireworks on tv - not exactly awe inspiring!

In real live I was impressed with the size of the object (the distance between the lights) and the speed (it traversed the sky in less than two minutes).

I saw the shuttle Endeavour the other night and it was fab. Really clear. 2 huge lights passing by in minutes. Wonderful to see it.

Definitely not a speck of light. It is really obvious to the eye.

When you say it was really clear, it wasn't really, was it?

The lights may have been clear to see, but you can't make out a space shuttle itself and thats my point.

People are saying you can see Endeavour in the sky but you can see 2 lights in the sky. Hardly the same. Well not in my books anyway.

Your forgetting the fact that this thing is a few hundred km's high travelling at a couple 000's mph - its not exactly in the neighbours garden! If you want to see a shuttle up close I recommend you go to Florida.

It was brilliant.

.. but thats hardly exciting, is it? Or am I missing something?

A soul :D ?

IMHO it's one of those things you either get, or not. If it has to be explained to you, then it just doesn't float yoru boat.

Back