Space on Recovery D

rheinie

Each time I turn on PC I get this message you are running out of space on Recovery D.I do the usual clean up and delete files,but when I check space on D it is full .The amount of space on D is 1GB is there some way I can increase the amount of space on this drive.I also get message that Back up failed because not enough space on D.Thanks for any help.

are there deleted files in the recycle bin waiting to be cleared out? These will take up space until you do.

Get yourself a little app called treesize. It tells you where the space is being taken up.

remove any old programmes you have on D file.go into your add/remove programmes and look for anything you dont use.scrap it.the do a disc clean up of D.rights click on D..go to properties and so on.

What way is your PC set up in terms of drives/partitions? For example is C: your main OS drive and D: is some secondary drive/partition? I know that some laptops come preconfigured like this - i.e. C: partition for OS and applications and D: partition for user data. What sizes are the two partitions? What is on each? How much free space is available on each? Go to Start > My Computer right click and choose Manage and then choose Storage > Disk Management to check.

Have done the usual clean up on C and D.The laptop is configured C:eek:s 66gb free of 99gb.D : recovery 1mb free of 9.99gb.Clean up of D : dosnt seem to free up any of this space.Am not a techie so have limited know how of how to sort this problem.

Back