Spa Hotels in Waterford

Shopaholic

Any advice on nice Spa hotels in Waterford? Looking to go away for a quiet spa break and don't want to travel too far as I'm pregnant at the moment.....would like a little bit of luxury but nothing too expensive at same time.........

Just a word on Faithlegg House in Waterford..I was there for a spa break last Autumn and I thought it was really overrated. The room was horrible (stinking of stale smoke). The Spa area was grubby. The service in the restaurant was appalling for dinner and breakfast was like being at a cattle mart.There was a wedding on the same day and as it's quite a small house hotel the wedding party completely took over the whole venue so it wasn't in the slightest bit relaxing. I would never go back again. We went based on recommendations from people who loved it but I thought it was really bad value for what was supposed to be a kind of a luxury brand. I know you said you wanted Waterford but i'm just back from Monart in Wexford which was absolutely gorgeous...i'd highly recommend it. They also have special pregnancy treatments and the whole experience is very laid back and very relaxing. It's not cheap but at least you actually get what you pay for unlike Faithlegg house in my opinion.

Thank you so much for the advices above, this is exactly the feedback that's good to get before you book anywhere.......will definetly look into Monart, I've heard loads about it just didn't want to go that far but it might be worth it as you say........

Hi shopaholic, try DAYS hotel in waterford, used to be the bridge hotel on the quay in waterford.They have good prices on their website. Enjoy and good luck with the birth of your baby.