Spa/Golf Weekend.

N&C

Myself and the boyf are looking to go away mid-May for a Spa Break/Golf Break. Live in North West so somewhere not more than 2hours drive! Just want somewhere that you could spend whole weekend in Hotel, don't want to go shopping or anything. I know Galway will probs be suggested but lived there for several years so don't want to go back just yet.

Any suggestions welcome!

Did you try the Supervalu breaks? I'm also in north west and booked a midweek golf/spa break through them in Blarney Golf Resort in August - you get 3 nights B&B and one dinner for 129each (it's 109 if not in July or Aug) and it's the same price for 2 nights at weekends. I know it's a bit of a trek down to Blarney though but there's probably lots of other places a bit closer to you as well.

Moondance, just wondering how you got on in the Blarney Golf Resort? I'm heading there in a couple of weeks for a spa weekend.

What about the Glasson Golf and Country Club just outside Athlone. Short drive, great course, great grub etc etc.

Just back from Faithlegg house which has a golf course and a Spa but my advice would be to stay away at all costs. For a 4-star hotel it was terribly disappointing. Tired and shabby looking.