Spa Break in Ireland

Anyone recommend a spa break outside of Dublin that would earn huge brownie points with the better half if I brought her there for a 2 night break.

Thanks in advance

My OH brought me to the Marriott Johnstown in Enfield and I was well impressed. The Spa is really beautiful as is the hotel.

The Sands House Hotel in Donegal (5-10mins form donegal town)... its pricy but worth it especially the food... yum

oh and another i have been to recently - Mecredin Village outside Aughrim town in Co. Wicklow.. you need to book in advance i think!

Check out Monart Spa in Wexford gets good reviews, as does The Heritage at Killenard, Co. Laois. Powerscourt Springs gets the thumbs down, Marriott Johnstown mixed reviews.

The only one I've been to is Powerscourt Springs and I really liked it, although it was a couple of years ago, and from the reviews on Tripadvisor, it may have gone downhill.

Booked 2 nights at Powerscourt springs. Looks great. Many thanks for all the replies.

Sorry16024..

Powerscourt is not the best to go to.
Would have recommended the Heritage in Killenard or the one in Wexford far far better

In any case enjoy!

polo1 said:
Sorry16024..

Powerscourt is not the best to go to.
Would have recommended the Heritage in Killenard or the one in Wexford far far better

In any case enjoy!

I disagree. Powerscourt is fantastic. Couldn't find any fault with it at all and they have a better range of things to do outside of treatments.

The reason my otherhalf didn't bring me to Powerscourt was cos there was no bar to keep him busy while I was getting pampered! Typical...

i was in powerscourt last week, i go there about twice a year and love it!

I've never stayed the night but its next on my wish list.

Have the hot stone treatment, its amazing!

Lyndan said:
i was in powerscourt last week, i go there about twice a year and love it!

I've never stayed the night but its next on my wish list.

Have the hot stone treatment, its amazing!

I'm going for the 4th time in May. I've only ever stayed 1 night but this time I'm staying 2. Did you have the harmony treatment with the hot stone or the full hot stone treatment? I've booked 6 treatments this time and I'd strongly recommend the Hopi Ear Candle treatment.

full hot stone, i think its called Baobar ****au (sp) its full body and and 90 mins

better then........chocolate

I've been to Monart in Wexford. I was there just after they opened. The spa facilities are beautiful. It is in a completely different league to Powerscourt Springs. They were having a few teething problems though. For example, the TV reception in the rooms was awful, unwatchable and lunch service in the bar was extremely slow. I would hope that these problems have been sorted out by now. However, dinner in the restaurant at night was wonderful. The food was great and the staff were friendly and efficient. The restaurant and bar were both busy at night and the atmosphere was lovely.