Southmeade,Dundrum

S

scorpio5

Does anyone know what soutmeade is like in Dundrum - looking at buying an apartment there

Lived close to Southmede in a housing estate, it's a noisy busy road and there are tons of empty apartments in Dundrum so if you're buying make sure that you get a big discount...

Agree with monos, Southmeade is very nice luxury development and great location. Much better than that Rockbrook development next to luas, I've seen the apartments in both and standard of unit/ fixtures in Southmeade is far better, smaller & securer development. Down side is they cost more as a result. Other places worth a look for good standard apartments in the area are Mt St Annes in Milltown and Wyckham.

Agree with monos, Southmeade is very nice luxury development and great location. Much better than that Rockbrook development next to luas,

I think you mean Rockfield but you're otherwise right. I lived there for seven months and wasn't impressed. Built in a hurry, poorly designed and cramped. Electricity was regularly out and ESB would only deal with mangement company. Glad to be out.

friend of mine lives there - happy out - never has mentioned any problems and he'd be fussy - no real road noise and he faces the road on ground floor - I've been in and out and always seems kept well - too early to tell re: how maintained as it is still quite new but the finishes are good - loads of Visitor car spaces that are never available (were in the beginning) - as now all units are full I think the 2nd car syndrome has meant never anywhere for visitors to park - but hey - what do you care as long as you have parking

mind you I live around the corner in a 3 bed semi with garden and you won't pay much more - maybe another 80-90k - depends on what you want I guess an dhow far the budget stretches but if you can go another bit I would take a house and have a better sell-on potential + higher rent if holding in long term

I'd agree with alot of posters - Southmede seems to be a better development than alot in the Dundrum/Ballinteer area that I've seen recently so would be worth paying a bit extra IMO v other developments. Would like one facing the back of Lynwood, nice big trees, might be pleasant outlook from balcony etc, wouldn't go for one facing the main road. Doesn't seem to be many like that for sale though ... keeping an eye out... re visitor parking seems to be lots of roads around the area on ballinteer road that people could park in for few hours perhaps