Southern France..campsite recommendations close to Nice

Squonk

We spent last summer in Brittany at a few camp locations recommended by AAM users (e.g. www.lagrandemetairie.com) and the Squonks had a great time, even though the weather was shocking. This year we want to go to the South of France to hedge against the weather. We plan to fly into Nice on Aer Lingus (as this seems to be the only flight to South France from Cork as far as I can see?). Can anyone recommend any 4* camp locations close to Nice? The young Squonks are 4 & 5.

Ryanair fly from Cork to Carcassonne. Carcassonne is a nice place, pretty medieval cité etc., but the best thing is that it's within easy driving distance of the cheaper side of the French med coast i.e. from Narbonne down to the Spanish border. There are lots of resorts to choose from, though none of them have the cachet of Cannes or Nice, and 330+ days sunshine per year.

Thanks setanta1..I wasn't aware that Ryanair flew that route. I checked the ticket prices with Ryanair for when we would be travelling (during the school hoildays) and the prices are actually more expensive than Aer Lingus to Nice.

Campotel, an Irish company has sites in the Nice area. Have used this company in the past and found their sites good. No connection etc with company.

I'm trying out Holiday Green in Frejus, just up the road from Nice this summer. Comes highly recommended and looking forward to it. I booked direct and got a great deal for June

[broken link removed]

Friends have had a great time at this site for the last two years.

[broken link removed]

Hope you find a nice site.

Slim

Friends have had a great time at this site for the last two years.

[broken link removed]

Hope you find a nice site.

Slim
That place was my 2nd choice if we couldn't get Holiday Green, just up the road aswell

Back