South Coast Digital

Westie123

Hi,

Does anyone have any info about SCTV Digital; packages prices startup date etc. Their web site is up but none of the links are working.

thanks.

The SCTV guy called around last night for the annual subscription which I gladly paid. I questioned him on SCTV digital and he told me that it's starting middle of next month, he didn't know how much it would be and he also told me that it wouldn't be satellite dish but cable and box on the TV. Not sure how this is gonna work. I live in a town outside of Cork City and I can't imagine they're gonna start digging to run the cables all over the South Coast region. BTW he also told me that the analogue signal will continue for about two more years so there's no panic!!!

No, signals don't arrive at a set-top box by magic! I remember their site used have a reference to installing a type of mesh aerial.

I live just outside Carrigaline & got it installed today. So far so good. Very good quality signal. Loads of channels. Nice user interface. Don't dare go out in the rain to check whats on my roof.

how did you get it installed Doctor D? Did you just ring 'em up and ask? Do the shareholders get first preference? How much is it? I always pay my annual sub and I was expecting a sales pitch in the post or some sort of advertising but I haven't heard anything until I read your post.

Yep - I am a shareholder so maybe got first dibs - basic package is free for a year for me.

They rang us up & arranged installation within a couple of days.
So far so good - picture quality much better than analog system.

I have the brochure ...
Starter pack: E22 per month for what looks like 23 channels including the 4 Irish ones & 4 English ones we have currently = E264 per year.
Entertainment pack = E26 per month - for 45 channels
Setanta Sports extra = E12 per month
Sky = Sports & Movies - from 31.50 per month
Multiroom E2 per month

So a lot more than previous but I guess we got it cheap for long enough.