South American honeymoon+cost of internal flights

Hatchetman

I posted a similar thread earlier but this is the latest idea but Im not sure about the cost of internal flights, I know oneworld are the best option but will get in touch with them WHEN I know exactly where and when etc. Roughly we intend to arrive in Rio then Iguazu Falls next is Buenos Aires and Probably the ferry over to Montevideo and afterwards a flight to Santiago and then home. Has anyone any idea what the cost of those flights is likely to be , thanks.

Give Trailfinders a ring. They'll be able to give you an idea. I was checking for flights from Shannon to Rio & then back from Lima plus a few internal flights. They've given me a better quote than what I could find myself. I think you might get a better deal if you book all the flights together. Some of the internal ones are quite expensive. Santiago to Lima is approx €450. The distances involved are quite long.

Ask about a Mercosur Pass (or google it). It should allow you make your planned trip fairly cheaply, using the main national airlines but I think it may now exclude domestic flights in Argentina. You could also try some of S. America's budget airlines such Gol in Brazil. Lan (www.lan.com) is also good value and has a great network.

Back