South America Looking for advice

IrishGunner

ok thinking of going here next year but planning ahead way ahead have to save and ssia matures then

What are the best places to visit, noting my better half is afraid of heights so not so sure about Chile........??? Love the wine however but is everything so high??

thinking of going this time next year so book early yada yada to save some euros & plan in advance

One thing have to go to see a football match and thinking of going to see Boca Juniors

Any other suggestions for South america?

I went to Venezuela on our honeymoon a while back. Flew into Caracas, went trekking up through the Andes, went to Angel Falls and then spent the last 10 days on Isla Margarita (island off caracas) in a 5 star all inclusive resort with a golf course. It cost us 50 us dollars a night each. Unbelievable value. Amazing holiday ...

[broken link removed]

Just back from an amazing 3 weeks in South America. The highlight of Buenos Aires is definitely a Boca match

Would definitely go to Uruguay also. Montevideo and Colonia are great cities

Without doubt you have to go to Rio and Iguassu Falls on border of Brazil/Argentina

Excellent value. Eating out is so cheap

Enjoy

Hi IrishGunner,

I really recommend Bolivia. The scenary there is the most amazing I have ever seen in my life. In particular I recommend the south of the country - the Salar de Uyuni. It's an enormous salt desert surrounded by snow topped volcanoes, lakes of different colours, really unusual rock formations, geysers, etc. You can spend a few days in a jeep travelling around there.

For recommendations on where to go, it depends what type of holiday you want. For example, Chili and Argentina feel much more European than Peru, Ecuador, Bolivia, and so are much less of a culture shock.
A sample route I'd recommend would be - fly to Peru, travel overland to Bolivia, down into Chili, fly over to Buenos Aires and up towards Brazil...

Back