South Africa, June Weather?

northsideboy

We were planning on visiting South Africa next June on holiday, visiting Cape Town, the Garden Route, Wine Area, Safari etc. However the future Mrs. Northsideboy and myself are worried about the weather, that it may be cold, wet and windy. Any advice would be appreciated!!

It will be quite cold then, if you stay in the southern part of the country. I was there in Aug/sept and we didn't swim or sunbathe in Capetown as it was just too nippy! Oct-Feb/March is best for down there we were told...
but if you don't want the heat then there's plenty to see in Capetown, wineries etc..

S

I was in Cape Town a few years ago in June and it was 19 degrees every day, which was my idea of perfect, warm enough to be out and about every day, and no sunburn worries. I didn't go that far, to such an interesting place to sit around sunbathing, so that didn;t bother me.

June in the Cape Town area is right in the middle of rainy season. You'll probably feel right at home. Pretend you're enjoying a warm Irish summer. Temperatures in the high teens, and rain on a regular basis.

Thanks for the replies so far. We might head later for a little sun holiday towards Mauritius so the sun in Cape Town wouldn't be essential but would be nice!