Sourcing cheap round trip flights from Shannon to New York

jryan

Just wondering if anyone has sourced some cheap flights from Shannon to New York. I'm thinking of going in March - the cost is approx 150euro OUT and 200euro IN (My travel dates via Aer Lingus website) before tax & charges. Are Are Lingus the only airline operating this route? Are there any recommended auction websites for tickets? What are the pros and cons of using such a site?

I can't answer your subsequent questions, but it seems to me that €350 for a Shannon/NY round trip is not bad...

Have you tried pricing it 'in reverse'?

Thats a great price for direct flights, plus aer lingus have some of the best baggage allowances going for a long haul trip to NY

if you can get the seats with continental you would be looking at
a total fare of 285 euro.... inc all taxes ... this flight departs from shannon and arrives into newark ...

I use Gohop.ie a lot of the time and it is truly an excellent site run by Irish people none the less. It will give you flight options on different airlines for the same destination. Aer Lingus are not always the cheapest to destinations they fly. Check it out www.gohop.ie

Best site i've seen to date. There are some excellent package deals on offer.

Just booked flights to NYC with Gohop.. Deadly deal to be fair. Weekend break to NYC for Shopping next Christmas.. bit early but fare warranted booking..

Depart Wed, 01 Nov 2006 11:20 Arrive Wed, 01 Nov 13:10
Depart Mon, 06 Nov 2006 19:40 Arrive Tue, 07 Nov 09:40
Roundtrip Fare 223.00 Tax 43

Beat that.. Also called to make sure things were okay and phone was answered quickly and they reconfirmed seating assignments. Faith restored in this beautiful new medium backed up by traditional service.

Best I could do was €276.35 for the same flight.(233.00 Tax 43)
In case you did not know the return trip is via Dublin and you have not included gohop's service fee of €19.
Check the fare also as it is coming up at €233 + 43 tax on gohop and delta
If you book it direct with delta you would not have to pay the gohop €19 service fee.

Chacrastor

You have recommended gohop.ie in three of your 4 posts.

Have you any relationship with this company?

Brendan
Askaboutmoney

Sorry for late reply just saw this post, no relation with Gohop.ie. Booked Flights/Car Rental & insurance with them and the deal was good. I also get their newsletter ebuzz and thats were the holiday deals I mentioned on previous posting came from. [broken link removed] . I dont get to travel as much as I would like and enjoy this forum a lot as if anything it lets one dream on.

Hi Chacrastor

Are you sure? Do you work in the travel industry?

Who is behind gohop.ie and have they any connection to your employer?

Where does your email address come from?

Whereabouts is the PC from which you are posting all these recommendations for gohop.ie which is a subsidiary of Atlas Travel, I believe?

Are you posting under any other name on Askaboutmoney?

Brendan
Moderator.

I have banned chacrastor and bonvoyage123

who appear to be connected to gohop.ie and so are in violation of our posting guidelines banning advertising.

Brendan

Back