Sources for buying software?

L

Lamped

Hi there,

I would like to purchase full commercial licences for MS Office Professional and also Visual Basic.

Could anybody recommend an inexpensive, reliable source for these?

What is the legal position vis-a-vis the licensing, if software is bought second hand, e.g. via eBay?

Thanks and regards,

Lamped

You should try out OpenOffice first to see if it will suit your needs. It's free.

Could anybody recommend an inexpensive, reliable source for these?

I've always found Micromail in Cork (they deliver) reliable and helpful in attempting to negotiate the maze that is the ever changing world of Microsoft licensing. I've never found Microsoft software products inexpensive regardless of the source.

What is the legal position vis-a-vis the licensing, if software is bought second hand, e.g. via eBay?

If the license (e.g. the hologrammed booklet/sticker/CD) is transferred then it may be OK. But, as with buying stuff online from private buyers, one has to be careful.

Use Openoffice myself at home, Microsoft in work, very similar keystrokes and formatting between applications. You can save OO applications as MS application extenions to ensure compatability with other non OO users.

Back