Sorrento

gilh

Has anybody been in Sorrento area in late October? How weather. Any suggestions for the area at that time of year

We stayed there for a week about 3 years ago - weather lovely but had one day when it lashed! Cleared up later. A day trip (because you'll spend the whole day there - it's just fantastic) to Pompeii - get the local train & the headphones when you get there. There are tours but much cheaper & you can suit yourself if you do it on your own. Also get the local bus around the coast to Amalfi - white knuckle ride - but beautiful. If you get a chance go to Positano (on the way to Amalfi) just lovely. We walked up & down the steps to Positano - nearly killed me on the way back up! Then I discovered that there is a bus back up to the mail road - DOH! I'm so jealous of your trip!!!

Honeymooned there in late september a few years ago and weather was fantastic - so I'd imagine it would be quite good a few weeks later.
definitely go to Pompeii but not to miss is the day trip to Capri and take the boat trip around the island - unelievable!

Went to Sorrento on a day trip on the train from Naples last May, it's a beautiful place. Did not like Naples what a grotty dirty unkept place

Sorrento is lovely....definitely see Pompei or Herculaneum.....and a trip along the coast to Positano or Ravello.
If you go a must see is Capri and when there go up to AnaCapri and take the chair lift to the tip of the island....its amazing and the views are breathtaking....Enjoy your trip

Back