Sopranos- last episode tonight :(

larry1

Last ever episode of the Sopranos tnite 9.30pm RTE2.. life will never be the same without big T and the gang.I know they are doing a few tv specials but it wont be the same. Depressed!

Not true - 8 more episodes yet to be filmed and due to be screened in US early 2007.

Well the last episode was a load of rubbish anyway! Pity I missed probably the only good one this season - the one about Paulie's "mother"... Herself said it was like a good episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm...

thought I read that RTE were saving up the 2nd half of this series until Jan so will probably run till Feby. Withdrawal symptoms already, (though not on a par with Christopher).

That was the whole series. Channel 6 are repeating it later in the year I believe. Other than that it's just the 8 imminent episodes/specials mentioned above. Have to say I haven't been impressed by it for the past while. Entertaining in parts but largely the same old hackneyed stuff at this stage. Enough already!

ClubMan said:
That was the whole series. Channel 6 are repeating it ..

1. Not according to David Chase. Series 6 is being split into what finished last night, plus another 8. The remaining 8 will continue the 'narrative arc' of the last 10 episodes.

2. Channel 6 ? They're getting into RTE territory with their scheduling. On Tuesday they had My Name is Earl + US Office + Family Guy in sequence. Now they've effed it all up and scattered them across their scheudule. Us Office is on earlier while My Name is Earl has disappeared. As did my e-mail of complaint to them. Ok so they've brought on Curb but surely anyone who wants to has seen series 1 at this stage. It's been on BBC3, TG4 & E4 already.

Have to disagree with you on that one. Being an avid fan since 1999, this has been one of the best series yet ( apart from the couple of dream episodes! ) Mr Chase decided to split the final series to keep the suspense me thinks.. it will be feb before it hits our screens as we will be a few weeks behind the US.

If we could just get rid of those unbelievably annoying Miller Ads now!

Agree on all counts - The dream sequences were drifting into Twin Peak-esque territory - confusing and mildly fascinating. I did love Paulie's intrusion into the dreams, mind you.

The Miller ads are just cringe-making. I almost prefer to record the show and watch it over the weekend, fast-forwarding through the Miller ads.

It's a sure sign that a soap/drama is going downhill when it starts relying on extended dream sequences...

I've recently started to watch the boxsets and just finished season 2 and there were a few dream sequences, particularly in the episode where Tony has food poisoning and Pussy "sleeps with the fishes" so I don't think the dream sequences in the latest season are an indiacation that it's going downhill.