Sony PSP

Cahir

Anyone know the cheapest place (online or real life) to buy a Sony PSP? Would the games work on one if I bought it in America?

Sony seemed to have European prices locked down at €255. It is cheaper in the US but you run the risk of customs duty if you import it. Play.com have it for £180. Perhaps you might get a bargain on eBay.

As for the games, they are not region specific so you can buy them from anywhere. I came across this site recently which is well regarded.
The machine itself is a thing of beauty...

Get an American or Japanese Psp with Version 1.5 Software, Europe is on Version 2.
If you have Version 1.5 on ur PSP u can Run games from the Memory Stick. Its been hacked and games are widely available. All you need is a 1GB Memory Stick or Bigger and U can Store 2-3 games at a time on the go.
Sony are currently trying to stop this happening so are updating to prevent this happening.

Thanks for the replies.

It's terrible to admit but I'm actually afraid of ebay! When I first joined I wanted to see how the bidding process worked but didn't actually realise I was making a bid (stupid, I know) so I ended up bidding about €150 for a cr*ppy fake gucci bag - I thought it was real at first. Then I freaked out when I realised what I'd done and managed, after a while, to cancel my bid. I've avoided it ever since as I'm afraid I won't be allowed make any more bids!

Can anyone tell me if I have a PSP and a wireless network at home will I be able to play mp3s directly off the network or will I have to copy them to the device first?

Back