Sony PSP - Where to buy?

Stevo2006

Hi,

I have a friend going to New York shortly and since i was wanting to buy a PSP i thought he could pick it up cheaper in the U.S. I really want it for holidays in a few months as i'm doing quite a bit of long haul travelling which will include a stay in Singapore.

Would it be better to buy here than in the US and are the PSP's coded by regions like most Sony products?

Any advice would be super!

Hi,

Would it be better to buy here than in the US and are the PSP's coded by regions like most Sony products?

Any advice would be super!

As with most electronic items, they are cheaper in the US than here. The good news is that PSP games are not region encoded and therefore you can buy a US one and still play games bought here. However SOny's proprietry UMD movie format is region coded along DVD lines. However, most people don't buy movie UMD's. I, for one, just copy DVD's onto my PSP and I still have the DVD to watch on TV.

Tallpaul

what software do you use for converting the dvd to a format that you can watch it on the psp

Tallpaul

what software do you use for converting the dvd to a format that you can watch it on the psp

The video format that the PSP predominantly uses is mp4 so any software that will convert to mp4 should do.

There are plenty out there (try Google) and some are available in PC World. Xoom for PSP is one that is sold in PC World but is cheaper online...

Also, try searching on download.com

Mods: any product I have mentioned here is commercially available and therefore should not conflict with any posting guidelines.

i use my psp on the train the whole time, i have my dvd's converted into mp4 files and watch them. i got a 2gb card on www.7dayshop.com ( after seeing it mentioned here )

great machine and the option is there too to play games.

download tv shows also and watch them. i started with the sopranos and am almost up to date and my next project is the west wing.

download tv shows also and watch them. i started with the sopranos and am almost up to date and my next project is the west wing.

sounds good ron, I thought about doing the same, where do you download from and is it in mp4 format to make life easy