Sony NW-A3000

Kiddo

Has anyone bought one of these?

I bought one last weekend. I had read some reviews before hand and was aware that there were some problems with the software but the hardware got the thumbs up.

So I uploaded the software (latest edition) and its a disaster. It takes ages to load & it keeps hanging. The laptop is only a year old and we don't have much stored on the harddrive. We mainly use it for surfing the net so I don't think its a memory problem.

I have saved my albums in Windows Media Player (version 10) and have transferred them to the connect software from here.

I have read some reviews which recommend downloading Sonic software, which is the software used for previous Sony Mp3 players. Has anyone done this? How did it work out? Should I uninstall and reinstall the Connect software?

I love the player. I'm happy with the sound, functions etc. Another plus is the 35 hour battery life and also the fact that the battery is replaceable. But I'm at the end of my tether re the software...theres not much point having the capacity for 13,000 songs if you can't save them Any help greatly appreciated

Are you using USB ports to connect? Is the USB port on your laptop USB2.0 (it should be though if its only a year old)?

Software like this (and other music jukebox software like iTunes etc.) usually require the most up-to-date audio and multimedia files on your system.

Have you checked that your Windows setup is up-to-date with service packs etc.? You might want to bring your system up to date, reinstall Windows Media 10 and then reinstall the Sony software.

I will give it a go. My husband bought a creative zen this week and had no problems transferring the music across.

Are you using USB ports to connect? Is the USB port on your laptop USB2.0 (it should be though if its only a year old)?

Yes on both counts.

There is a fix available from Sonys website here . If you are still having difficulty then I'd recommend you switch to SonicStage - it much more stable. I worked in a Sony Centre over Xmas and this solution worked 100% of the time. More info on Sonys website [broken link removed].

Thanks Spock.

I gave up on Connect over the weekend. I deleted the Connect software, cleared the hard drive on the walkman, installed Sonicstage and it seems to be working fine. I am ripping my cd's to Windows media then importing them to Sonic.There are a few functions that don't work with Sonicstage but I can live without them. Hopefully Sony will get their act together in the near future and I tranfer to the Connect Software then. Its beyond me how a company as big as Sony could let a such a s**t piece of software be released