Sony LCD 32 - Seek Advise on best price and any tips?

cnu

Hello Gurus,

AT this point, I'm complete confused with what TV to buy, I finally narrowed it to Sony, 32", 100 Hz.

I'm looking for best price out there [how do I check this]?
and better version of the Sony flavours [I heard few Sony have some annoying background noises]

Finally any tips/pointers/advises/dos-n-don'ts is a big welcome

Thanks for reading!
cnu

Hey CNU,

I hear ya, spent a LOT of time going from one shop to another trying to decide what to get... Main things (at this time) that I would look for is:

32" - Is that screen large enough for you? Maybe try a 37"? (I know a bit more money, but...)
Features:
100Hz - speed is critical now, with HD channels coming in & when watching sports / fast action on TV.
Ports - How many connections for HDMI / Scart / USB (more the better - adding DVD player / game(s) console / Sound system / Satellite box / laptop / etc...
Is it Saorview compliant / MPEG4?

Then depending on the price what type of TV : LED / LCD / Plasma...

I wouldn't buy online (TV is a big purchase-price wise & for shipping) - might be cheaper... but off set that with being able to pick your TV up, back to the shop & speak to someone face to face...

Hi Jazz,

Thanks for the response.

Ya I'm happy with 32" [because I'm anticipating few house moves over next coupla years].

2 HDMI, 1 scart, 1 [may be 2] USB, reasonably good sound output, SOARView doesnt matter [because I have UPC connection], yes I'll connect the TV thru a laptop [must]
preferably MPEG4 as well.

I too was bit sceptic, I've been to coupla shops like [powercity, PCworld, Peats, Argos] I feel they are expensive and dont have on the shelf the latetst gadgets

So was contemplating buying online, heres where the big problem is, there are so many and so many websites, I dont know who is trustable.

Additionally:

* If I were to buy in a shop, which do you recommend?
* If I were to go online, what shops would you recommend?
* Did anyone buy from Belfast - if so any recommendations?

Million Thanks,
Cnu