Sony Cybershot Digital Camera

Carmel

Am thinking of buying a Sony Cyber-shot DSC-P200 Digital Camera - 7 megapixels and 3x optical zoom. Just wondering if anyone who has one has any advice?

Thanks

At the risk of stating the obvious you should at least Google for online reviews and user feedback to help inform your purchasing decision.

Technical review:
[broken link removed]
User reviews: http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0007NLH84/qid=1128676573/sr=8-1/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl/202-6585570-3054227

Price check:

Personally I'd recommend that you buy a 'bundle' with at least 256Mb extra memory (if not 512Mb).

Hi I recently bought a Sony CyberShot dsc T7, I'm impressed with it try comparing the 2 using the technical review site mentioned above. I would recommend getting both a 1Mb card, and an extra battery, as the battery life is quite short depending on use. There's a guy on ebay bestsellerhk2002 who does good deals on cameras and is quick- I ordered mine on a thurs and I received it on the following monday-not bad coming from Hong Kong! daithi

Eh, presumably you mean a 1Gb card there, daithi? :p

"Small world", and all that — I've also bought bits and bobs from that seller, and been impressed with the delivery time and reasonable-ish postage costs. There aren't many of those bulk HK sellers that manage to maintain a 99% positive feedback rating...

...I bought a P200 a few months ago and its simply brilliant. Dead easy to use but with lots of flexibility if you want to get technical, very small and handy, and great quality photos and video. I bought a 512MB memory stick too, which is also great. The battery is good, so I didn't bother with a second one. No problems whatsoever.

Not to worry, daithi - happen to the best of us! ;)

Anyway, no shortage of recommendations, so far. Whither Carmel..?

Great camera, looked at one recently.

Two things:
- you might want to consider a model that takes AA batteries in case you run out on the fly
- the newer models don't fit any waterproof cases in case you want to bring it to the beach or the pool
- sand can get between the lens and the 2 sliding doors on the very front of the lens cover. If you can't see it you won't know until it scratches the lens when you turn it off. Found this out the hard way on the model we got in the end (DSC-W7 ... when it wasn't in the case!).

512 MB card is a worthwhile investment, also a memory key thing if you're going on holidays and intend to take a lot of snaps. The video is very good on it too, plays well on TV.

Hello

Thanks for all your replies. I've been busy checking out reviews and prices on the web, and with the above comments, I think I will go for it.

I already have a waterproof camera so amn't really worried about not being able to get a waterproof case for it.

The best price for the camera plus 512 memory card plus case plus postage seems to pixmania.com at 370e. Have checked out the price in a couple of shops, Argos etc. and its much dearer, so think I will get it online.

Thanks again,
Carmel

Back