Sony bravia kdl37v4000

tosullivan

I'm looking at getting one of these and they seem to be priced a lot more than it's 40" big brother at Curry's UK. Is there any reason why this is so? Are 37" more popular which is why they charge more for it?

Also, does anyone have one? I have a Sony Home Cinema System which is designed for a Bravia TV so this is why I'm looking at this particlar TV

This is a good set, but is only HD Ready, as opposed to Full HD (i.e. has a resolution of 1366x768 lines). If I were you, I would consider the 40W4000. This was pretty much LCD TV of the year for 2008 (based on the numerous highly recommended online reviews I read). The price has dropped dramatically since the latest model, the 40W4500 was released. I see Richersounds in Belfast have the 40W4000 for 729.99 pounds sterling and can deliver countrywide.[broken link removed]

I wish I could fit in a 40" set, but it would be too big for the corner that it's going. The 37" set size is perfect.

Can you explain to me the difference between HD Ready and Full HD?

I have a Sky+ box but its not Sky HD and I don't see myself getting one in the near future

Sony's W series is better.

Also, Samsung Series 6 uses the same lcd panel, and apparently does a better job with standard definition tv, but the sound is not quite as good as the Sony.

Full HD has a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels (aka 1080p)
HD Ready covers lower resolutions such as 1366 x 768 or 1280 x 720 (720p)

The best quality is Full HD, but for smaller screens HD ready will do fine.

Full HD sets have 1080x1920 lines of resolution. HD ready sets have 1366x768. Therefore Full HD sets can display HD images more naturally and with greater clarity. I suppose if you don't intend in the near future to buy a Blu-Ray player, then a HD ready set will more than suffice for Sky+.