Sonos Systems

Mini3277

I'm currently thinking of purchasing a Sonos system and then expanding it throughout the house in time. Has anybody got a Sonos system at the moment, are they actually as good as everyone say they are?

As far as I'm aware the Napstar subscription service isn't available in Ireland yet but does any one know of a similar service that works with sonos in Ireland? Also, is anyone aware of any other options apart from Sonos?

Finally, as part of the system I'll be looking at getting some additional speakers, can anyone confirm whether wireless speakers will work with Sonos and if so perhaps recommend some decent wireless speakers.

This will be a complete retro fit job.

I have Sonos and I don't think it is as good as everybody says, it is much better. It really is a fantastic system and keeps getting better with regular upgrades. Sonos itself is rock solid and ours never gives any trouble.

I cannot recommend the system enough and I can guarantee you will not be disappointed with it. I bought ours over two years ago and it still apparently is the best home audio system on the market. I'm not into my toys but Sonos really is fantastic and so easy to use and set up. If you are having problems with it Sonos's technical support is really good.

In the latest software update there is a new free service called like Napster called Deezer. I haven't got around to setting it up yet so don't know if it is any good. Sonos are apparently in negotiation with some other streaming companies for Europe but how long that takes is anyone guess.

Don't know about speakers.

I have no connection to Sonos other than being a very satisfied user.

Ruam

+1

i have it 2 years not a problem. 2 of the units are in the attic and haven't touched them since they went up there.

I personally wouldn't touch wireless speakers......

Oh and the iphone app is great as a second small controller.

Just curious.... we're about to purchase in Cork and wondering what prices you're looking at and who's supplying you?

We've got it in one room so far, and DH thinks it's the best thing ever (I'm not as gadgety, but it is cool). We've installed Deezer, but honestly I'm not sure if we use it - probably but DH does most of the music selecting. Also, we don't have a controller, only use the computer and the iTouch to work it without any trouble whatsoever. We've also got a networked hard drive set up to play all our music on it, and hooked into the TV so we can play from that into the kitchen. Himself is looking at getting a second unit.

The only slight annoyance is the fact we can't find linux software to use our second computer as a controller.

PS: We've had ours since Christmas. It's the old model, not the new, and we bought it from ebay.

Last edited: