SonicStage

murphy05

Hi all,

I currently use a Sony Flash Drive MP3 player (NW-507) which uses Sonicstage. I have previosly transferred all my cds into MP3 format using SonicStage. A lot of hours spent in front of the computer!
As a precaution I kept my music files on a seperate hard drive.

Since then my computer crashed.

I reloaded the sonicstage software, but it is not recognising my cd transfers.

Has anyone come across this before?
Any solution?

many thanks.

Hi Murphy05, I am not sure what you mean by recognising your cd transfers? I have never used the software that was shipped with any MP3 player. Instead I treat it like a usb flash storage copying and pasting mp3 files into folders on the player. You should check the file size of your back ups ... can they play in media player on your pc?

I reloaded the sonicstage software, but it is not recognising my cd transfers..
While the Sony devices are beautifully styled, many people avoid them because the SonicStage software is buggy and more significantly, it restricts how many times you can copy content.

Maybe it's stopping you transfer stuff because it's decided that you shouldn't? Bear in mind that Sony also owns a record label.

Would agree with Technologist-had used SonicStage with a Minidisc before and it is a pain in the behind.

Not sure if you have any other option with Sony.

Back again. The previous CD transfers were done through the sonicstage software. They are not recognised using MP3 software. Have sent an email to SONY looking for some sort of solution. Looks like I will have to go the whole process of transferring CDs without using sonicstage.
Any recommendations as to what would be the best software for transferring? As you may have gathered - my only experience of MP3 is through sonicstage.

You can use windows media player and rip the cds to a folder on your PC. Before proceeding go to tools->options->rip music. From here select the file format, audio quality and uncheck copy protect. Once you have finished, copy and paste onto MP3 palyer.
Hope this helps.

i used to have that lovely 507 and i used the mp3 file manager program sony have to transfer mp3s - it was so much easier. it's quite limited in that you can literally only transfer the files but it's v quick and minimal. nice

really nice player tho (i loved it till it broke after a few months & now im being charged a €50 deposit to get it repared by sony, so look after it!)

Update on sonicstage

Sony finally replied to my e-mail.
Basically I was told "tough luck".
Which means I will have to reload all my cds again.
When I do reload my cds, it will not be done using Sonicstage.

Warning to all - DO NOT USE SONICSTAGE.

Thanks to all for your advise.