Somwhere special November ?

alri

We have a significant date/event coming up in Novenmber and I would like to bring herself somewhere special(long weekend) in Europe.Somewhere/Something a bit different.Ideas greatly appreciated.

I spent a lovely romantic weekend in Venice in November a few years ago, though we were lucky with the weather (mostly). The lack of tourists and the mist made for an amazing atmosphere.

took MrsPete to Rome for a milestone birthday in november. Weather was 22 celsius. No crowds etc. perfect

Vienna is lovely too. Very rosemantic. Little chilly in Nov, but they do have lots of mineral baths, the opera, museums etc. Very central and nice hotel is the Regina on Schottentor. Right in the heart of the city.

Graz in Austria is a fantastic little pictureque city with fantastic food at reasonable prices. Might have Christmas markets in nov.

Someone was raving to me about Prague recently too.

All cold though

Brugges in Belgium is a little gem. Fly to Brussels and get a train/bus to Brugges. The airport that Ryanair use is too far away though.

As PyritePete says, Rome is the location to go for. Lots of posts about where to go and what to see on this site.

Marrakech (I know its not Europe, but its only just beyond. Beautiful, fascinating, delicious food, good value. Check out some fantastic places to stay here www.i-escape.com

Madrid is also absolutely lovely in the autumn, as is Seville (you could drive to Cordoba for a day and see the Mesquita - unforgettable)

If you are music fans Salzburg is wonderful. Concerts day and night and a beautiful location check our the November temperatures. Also Sound of Music was made there, fabulous tour. Was lovely in October. Best wishes Browtal.

Thanks everyone lots of ideas Venice sounds fantastic as does Brugges (movie was great) big problem seems to be direct flights any where,very limited availibility except the big usual suspects and would like to stay away from them for a more romantic experience.Never easy is it!