someone to fit spindle staircase and bannister...

J

JoeB

Hi

Does anyone out there fit bannisters with upright spindles??? A lady has asked me to help her find somebody who might do this... she has a house with an existing staircase and she'd like the bannisters replaced... I left her a copy of the Richard Burbridge staircase brochure and she likes that type of stuff...

The staircase runs up one wall of the house and has a bannister right from bottom to top along left hand side, the bannister also runs along about six feet of landing above to prevent people walking off the edge... the existing lower pieces of wood supporting the bannister are painted white and she'd like a woodgrain so it seems this would have to be replaced, it's also not wide enough to contain a spindle... likewise the various posts would have to be changed... the existing carpet is nailed down and looks difficult to remove without damaging to me...

Anyway so I make custom cabinets, I don't do staircases (or fire surrounds), if anybodys interested gimme a shout... the house is in Bray just off the N11...

People should feel free to post approx prices of what this should cost... I wouldn't want to buy the stuff from Burbridge and install for €1,500 total... do bannisters cost more or less than this???

Cheers
Joe

Please note the on advertising including wanted/for sale type posts. Boards.ie have useful forums that cover this sort of stuff if that's of any help (try the Shop section for example).