Some Good News Stories

That number can only be calculated after the pandemic with all the statisticians, mathematicians, modellers and meddlers and their respective computers busy spewing out more mind-numbing, incomplete and meaningless graphs.

I suppose the nurses who looked after him, mostly, were not worth mentioning.:rolleyes:

Marion

In fairness to him, on his release from hospital, he gave a good tribute to the two main nurses who were responsible for looking after him.

In fairness to him, on his release from hospital, he gave a good tribute to the two main nurses who were responsible for looking after him.

Exactly.
Just a shame some people allow their prejudices to prevail over common decency.
The nurses he mentioned by name became heroes in their home countries of Portugal and New Zealand.
The two doctors whose name he took for his child said they were delighted and humbled by his choice.
Why not just accept his gesture in the spirit it was intended ?

I suppose the nurses who looked after him, mostly, were not worth mentioning.:rolleyes:

Marion
Both nurses Luis (male) and Jenny (female) were showered with praise on Boris Johnson's release from hospital not only by the British press, but by Boris himself. Perhaps you wish to expand on your point?

We have near neighbours who are from eastern europe and have been awarded Irish citizenship in the past year. They have a large Irish tricolour flying outside their house since the beginning of the coronavirus which shows their solidarity with the rest of us.

I think that's an excellent gesture.

More random news from Denmark. Blood donations have shot up as people will be automatically tested for covid-19 antibodies as part of the process.

Boris’s son was named after 2 doctors. No sign of the nurses names. LJ (Luis, Jenny) might have been a nice add on to his other names.

Marion

Boris’s son was named after 2 doctors. No sign of the nurses names. LJ (Luis, Jenny) might have been a nice add on to his other names.

Marion

There are plenty of things to criticize Boris Johnson about but complaining about the choice of third forename for his own child is a little desperate if I'm honest..

We have near neighbours who are from eastern europe and have been awarded Irish citizenship in the past year. They have a large Irish tricolour flying outside their house since the beginning of the coronavirus which shows their solidarity with the rest of us.

I think that's an excellent gesture.

Solidarity with us????? Surely they are us. They are Irish citizens.

Ah yes Boris who was fought for his life by thinking of the child he would never see. If only all the other victims had loved someone enough to save them. Wonder how that makes poor Stephanie MacIntyre feel considering he went to court to block her identity and has never publically acknowledged her. Not to mention the other child that is apparently floating around......

Ah yes Boris who was fought for his life by thinking of the child he would never see. If only all the other victims had loved someone enough to save them. Wonder how that makes poor Stephanie MacIntyre feel considering he went to court to block her identity and has never publically acknowledged her. Not to mention the other child that is apparently floating around......
And this has got what to do with C-19 good news stories ?

And this has got what to do with C-19 good news stories ?

As much as the name of his kids that you have been commenting on.....Nothing at all kinda like most of your posts defending Boris....

As much as the name of his kids that you have been commenting on.....Nothing at all kinda like most of your posts defending Boris....

I commented on a post which considered the fact Boris named his child after the two doctors who saved his life a piece of good news.That after all is the title of this thread.
Other than that I don't really have any interest in the private lives of politicians.Provided it doesn't have any impact on the way they do their job then I think it should remain private.
Do you have the same interest in and knowledge of the private lives of French,Italian or Spanish politicians ?

Lots of testing is going on. Does this mean our DNA identification bank becomes greater? Is it now possible that some old crimes will be solved through DNA evidence that has not been available before now?

Travel escapism during lockdown takes on many forms.
This is a wonderful piece of writing in the current edition of The New Yorker which has inspired me to start planning at least one journey mentioned in it.
My mood lifted immediately on reading it.There is light at the end of the tunnel, so to speak.

Lots of testing is going on. Does this mean our DNA identification bank becomes greater? Is it now possible that some old crimes will be solved through DNA evidence that has not been available before now?
No, they won't store the DNA. Details of the National Database here.

Back