solid fuel stoves

M

mike1234

can anyone advise if there is such a thing as a two sided solid fuel stove.
I have two fireplaces back to back and would like to install a single solid fuel stove that would emit heat to both rooms

Hi, could have sworn I have seen one on Grand Designs, building program? google over in the uk for the stove. sure you will find one there, if not, then the Germans are bound to have it.

Whilst living in Germany in the mid 80s I had something like this. But it was huge. It was in the wall between my lounge and kitchen/diner. The contraption measured about 1.7m x 1.2m - although the firebox itself was only about 0.7m x 0.7m x 0.5m. In extremely cold freeze-ups, when the outside temp could be down to -20*C the whole place would be lovely and toasty.

Hi Mike
Hunter stoves make a double sided boiler available in either single or double width.
Their website is www.hunterstoves.co.uk
Click on the product range, go to multifuel stoves and click on Herald 8 and 14. Scroll down to the bottom of the page to see a pic of the double sided stoves. Una is right about the boiler though.
We sell Hunter ourselves and are putting the 80B into our own house. DH has a working model instore and swears by it. Good luck with your search!
BTW contact Hunter direct for a dealer in your area.