Solicitor fees for selling

Rockahoola

I am thinking of selling a standard 2 bed apartment I own. I'm looking at the various fees involved. I understand from friends that estate agents seem to gravitate down towards the 1% mark (after haggling). However I got varying views on solicitors fees. What is the 'standard' here, and by standard I don't mean the 'rack rate' they'll quote when you ring up. I mean the rate they will eventually get to when you've done your haggling, and done comparisons etc. It will give me an idea as to what I should be aiming towards. Someone said they paid 1% + VAT, which seems crazy to me (they paid about €5k in solicitors fees).

Thanks for help.

try dermot deane mespil hse sussex st dn 4

Rockahoola said:
I am thinking of selling a standard 2 bed apartment I own. I'm looking at the various fees involved. I understand from friends that estate agents seem to gravitate down towards the 1% mark (after haggling). However I got varying views on solicitors fees. What is the 'standard' here, and by standard I don't mean the 'rack rate' they'll quote when you ring up. I mean the rate they will eventually get to when you've done your haggling, and done comparisons etc. It will give me an idea as to what I should be aiming towards. Someone said they paid 1% + VAT, which seems crazy to me (they paid about €5k in solicitors fees).

Thanks for help.

Back