solicitor fees for dublin apartment

B

bilbob

can anyone recommend a good reasonably priced solicitor, was quoted over €2000 for work on purchase of a 1 bed apt

bilbob said:
can anyone recommend a good reasonably priced solicitor, was quoted over €2000 for work on purchase of a 1 bed apt
€2000 all in or €2000 (including or excluding VAT?) plus outlays? See this thread for more on the breakdown of legal/conveyancing charges:

Useful background information on the legal work involved in conveyancing

Shop around and read some of the many threads on this topic already in the Mortgages and Home Buying forum.

bilbob said:

Try Paul Gahan and Donal M. Gahan, Ritchie & co they are on baggot st.

Frank Keane in Dublin 4 is very cheap and reliable, I used him when buying my apt recently. He's very pleasant too - I ended up recommending him to my parents!

foxylady said:
Try Paul Gahan and Donal M. Gahan, Ritchie & co they are on baggot st.
36 Lower Baggot Street, Dublin 2. 01-6767277

Yes, i had a very plesent experence with this firm. They were so straight forward & kept everything so simple. Top marks!

bilbob said:

Try Tom Conlon Solicitors, 14 South Leinster Street, Dublin 2. Tel: 6188166, fax: 6788167, email: tconlon@conlon.ie

His fees goes from around €1,250 up to €1,900 depending on the price of the property being acquired.

He's very good, very thorough, gives an excellent service and he's a nice chap all round really. Would definitely recommend him.