solicitor duties regarding accident claim

lyonsa3

Had an accident a few months ago. Was in hospital for a few operations and I'm now recovering at home. I'm due to see the doctor of the insurance people from the person that caused the accident in a few days time. The appointment was made by my solicitor but I have not received any advise from him about what to expect from the insurance company's doctor. Is this normal? I thought my solicitor would have a chat with me before hand. Any advise, or should I just contact my solicitor?

doctor should simply examine you and report. he may ask you to tell him what happened and if you were wearing a seat belt. he will probably ask you your present symproms, your initial symptoms and how they are affecting yoru daily life. he is not a vet so there is a good chance that he will speak and expect you to do likewise!

he is the medic, his report will be medical.

Ravima is spot on - As a solicitor I send out details of medical appointments to clients and ask them to confirm that they can attend. If they call me up to ask me about it I will tell them what i can (I have never been to a medical appointment in respect of an accident claim so when you think about it how am I supposed to know anymore than the client?)

A doctor's appointmet is a doctor's appointment although there was one GP on the Northside who used to try and do his own liability investigations.....

Back