Solicitor applied for maintenance variation but I don't want to use solicitor anymore?

lbraiden

Hi! Solicitor applied for maintenance variation and repayment of arrears, but I don't want to use solicitor anymore. I want to represent myself. I feel I can get my case across much better myself. Haven't met the solicitor re maintenance, just emails between us. She feels no need for meeting and discussion, but I do. Can I just pay the solicitor to date, and the go and represent myself on the day, or do I have to take her off record - the Court Clerk in District Court, couldn't see who was acting for me, but just that there was a solicitor. She seemed to think that the solicitor had applied for maintenance order rather than variation, but stated she couldn't be sure on looking at system. How do I get solicitor's removed from maintenance case - happy to pay, no issue with that?

Pay solicitor their bill, ask for your file; you'll need to go in person to collect it.

Let court clerk know that your solicitor is no longer on the record.

Settle the bill and end the service. Be sure to set up a proper recording system for all your court business, income, bank statements etc. Acknowledge all correspondence received from the courts and spouses solicitor. Do not agree anything verbally. Good luck

Back