Solar/Wind energy Questions

Gary 23

Hi
Can anyone give me any info on converting your home to solar and wind energy?
I have heard that in the uk you can buy wind turbines in b&q. does anybody know if any stores in ireland north or south sell solar/wind energy products?
How much would it be to convert your home to solar/wind energy?
Also does anybody know what grants are available to people who want to convert to solar/wind energy in thier home?
Also what happens if something goes wrong and one of your solar panels gets damaged are they expensive to get fixed?

Any help appreciated

Gary

Hi

Also does anybody know what grants are available to people who want to convert to solar/wind energy in thier home?

http://www.sei.ie/
Look up the Sustainable Energy Ireland SEI website has loads of information and details on available grants etc., note if you go down this route you have to select a plumber / installer that has been approved / registered with SEI to obtain your grant - there is a list on their website.

Hi Gary, there are a number of previous threads on these topics, try the search facility.

If I recall correctly, the concencous was that the wind turbines are not worth it. Payback period is too long and you'd need to be selling electricity to the grid for it to make any sense.

Solar for dhw seems to add up though.
Leo

offer a wind turbine system with their solarpanels for €1k. This turbine acts on behalf of your immersion to heat the water in your tank.

Back