Solar powered automated gates

K

kgnt

Does anyone have any experience of solar powered automated gates in Ireland? Our house is 650 metres away from the main road at the top of a private road. The cost and hassle of bringing electrical cable all the way down from the house made me think of installing solar gates but I don't know anyone who has them.

Are such an item available ?? Bear in mind that the use of gates is at night, when there is no light to keep the charge for opening / closing

Not too sure these exist.

The solar energy will be required to be stored in a battery systems, to operate the gates 24/7. The energy required to operate the motor of the gates could be considerable. What are the issue in running cabling could you not soft dig in the grass. If you have gates then how will vistors, deliveries be dealt with. Are you installing an intercom system. Will the gates be remote opening/closing

Hi

It is a good question. 650 meters is a long distance from the road - the main cost is the cabling which would be expensive. I have gates 80 metres from road got electrician to do automation as already had the gates cost E2000 3 years ago. Would like to know if there is a solar operated system which stores the energy. Visitors/deliveries can access via intercom at gate and also with the aid of keypad.

Would you not just get out of the car and open the gates? Or get rid of the gates altogether? None of my properties are gated and I have had no problems so far. :)

I did a bit of research on these, but they aren't widely available. you need to buy solar panel and battery to store energy (opening at night) to operate gates. there are limits on the number of times you can open and close the gates but shouldn't be a problem - I gather it could be 12-14 times a day. if I want an intercom, I probably need another solar panel and a gsm gate opener. I did come across one company in Tyrone www.deagateautomation.com that use local agents but I would like to get more information and more choice.

Would you not just get out of the car and open the gates? Or get rid of the gates altogether? None of my properties are gated and I have had no problems so far. :)

I got my gates automated for the safety of my children for 9 years prior to that they weren't automated. I must say they are a great investment.

Re: Solar powered automated gates KGNT

Hi,
Would you like to PM me
I can fill you in more if you like. They are no problem, they are on the market for years.

Regards

Back